Thursday, March 01, 2007

Cool Bugs Bunny

Found this clip over at Animation ID--a blog worth frequent visiting if you haven't been there already. (Link in right column under "Watch more") This clip was an example of Ken Harris' animation at Warner Bros. I think Bugs looks the best here ("Frigid Hare") of any cartoon I can remember, and I love the subtle acting that is rarely seen in the old Warner cartoons that usually relied heavily on the gags. Bugs' legs in the wide shot swim crazily, but I think the medium shot is gold. Clear poses, and a great little heartfelt moment that gives Bugs an unusual moment of compassion. I just think the poses are so expressive and natural, and the drawings have so much appeal here.


Frigid Hare 2
Uploaded by thadk


You can see Thad's post and comments on this and another clip via my little Google Reader widget on the right ("Ken Harris--Frigid Hare").

No comments: