Thursday, January 03, 2008

"Hello, this is...a recording."

Well, I've been home in Iowa for Christmas and New Years, and have been able to see some of the craziness and hype for the caucus first hand. My parents' phone was ringing off the hook as candidates tried to win them over, (today we received a recorded call from one of the candidates, complete with noticable edits). The local TV channels have had nearly entire commercial breaks filled with political ad after political ad. I'm all for the caucus, I really am, but now that it's over and done with, I think it's time to step back and have a laugh at the insanity that's been around here lately. I found this video via the Des Moines Register website, it's completely tongue-in-cheek, but I thought it was funny. Reguardless of if you're happy with the caucus results or not, it's a funny song ;)

"Get Outta Our Town (Caucus Lament)"

1 comment:

Kevin Williams said...

I saw this line from Leno:

"Caucus: a Latin word for 'The only day of the year the world pays attention to Iowa."

Kevin

*all quotes may or may not be exact. Kevin assumes no responsibility for anything his misquotes.*