Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Union Square Drawings: Day 3

Here's another drawing from Union Square. I feel like I should be producing more, but most of what I do is quick sketches that don't look so great. Half of me thinks I shouldn't post these cause they're not great either, but eh, hopefully that will encourage me to improve. Besides, I really just like sharing these images of the people at Union Square, for those of you who aren't from New York. The weather this week has been amazing to get out and draw! I've spent so much time there that it's kinda starting to feel like home.

I've noticed this guy hanging out at the park a couple other times. Today he was beating on this drum (is it a djembe?), just jamming with another guy who was on guitar. Visually his hat and hair struck me as interesting, and emotionally he was really feeling his music. Looking at it now I see I messed up his proportions--his head looks huge :P So from now on I know I've gotta make myself see the whole pose and sketch that in correctly first.

Slowly shaking off the rust...

No comments: