Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Holy cow, congratulations to my bud Ben Willis, who just accepted a job at DREAMWORKS!! I think he's the first animator of our SCAD class of '05 to be hired to work on a feature film. Check out his blog for his official announcement. Good luck man, so happy for ya!

In other less exciting news, (or is it?), my taxes are done! I just have to mail them tomorrow. New York tax forms for part-year residents are so complicated. I hope I didn't mess anything up! For now, it is a relief to have it out of the way.Finally, for those of you who don't know, I have been working for the past week at Psyop, a commercial house here in New York. I'm workin on a pretty cool soda commercial, and there's a bunch of miscellaneous characters that I was hired to help animate. It's all super cartoony stuff, so that is a nice change of pace from the naturalistic animation I did at Charlex. It's a short gig, as of now I'm only set to work until April 21st, so I'm continuing on the hunt for the next job.I'm thinking of starting a Quote of the Week just for the heck of it :-P Grand prize goes to whoever guesses the movie first ;)

Guy1:" Ned... Ryerson!"Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High! I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing! Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson, I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?
Guy2: Ned Ryerson?
Guy1: BING!

'Till next time,
--Kyle

No comments: